Venable’s alumni include current and former U.S. senators, congressmen, cabinet members, federal and state judges, and state attorneys general, among other business and civic leaders.
For more than 100 years, Venable has grown and prospered because of the tremendous contributions of the many professionals who have passed through our doors. We are proud of our numerous accomplished alumni, and we are grateful that they choose to stay in contact with us after they leave.
The success of our firm is directly attributable to the quality of relationships that we have built over the years.
- Partner Greg Cross, Board Member of the Alumni Committee
All alumni are welcome to join the Venable Alumni Network, which is designed to help you establish new connections and strengthen existing relationships with former colleagues. It is a forum for exchanging the latest news and updates.
- James W. Gerlach, former United States Representative, Pennsylvania
- Daniel E. Lungren, former United States Representative, California and former Attorney General of California
- James E. Rogan, former United States Representative, California and current Judge of the Superior Court of California
- John P. Sarbanes, United States Representative, Maryland
- Robert A. Shelton, former Associate Special Counsel, House Judiciary Committee, Nixon Inquiry Impeachment
- Benjamin Civiletti, former United States Attorney General
- Governor Asa Hutchinson, Governor of Arkansas, former Undersecretary of Homeland Security, former head of the Drug Enforcement Administration, former United States Representative for the Arkansas 3rd Congressional District
- Susan K. Gauvey, United States Magistrate Judge of the District Court for the District of Maryland
- Amy Berman Jackson, United States District Judge for the District of Columbia
- Benson E. Legg, former Chief Judge, United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- L. Paige Marvel, United States Tax Court Judge
- J. Frederick Motz, Senior United States District Judge for the District of Maryland
- Francis D. Murnaghan, Jr., former judge for the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- William D. Quarles, Jr., former United States District Judge for the District of Maryland
- David E. Rice, United States Bankruptcy Judge
- Roger W. Titus, former Senior United States District Judge for the District of Maryland
- Robert L. Wilkins, United States Circuit Judge of the Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia
State / Local Judges
- Kathleen G. Cox, Judge of the Circuit Court for Baltimore County, Maryland
- C. Carey Deeley, Jr., Judge of the Circuit Court for Baltimore County, Maryland
- Joseph H.H. Kaplan, former Baltimore City Circuit Court Judge
- R. Frances O'Brien, Chief Judge of the General District Court of Arlington, Virginia
- Zuberi Bakari Williams, Judge of the District Court of Maryland, Montgomery County
View our legal professional opportunities.