Alumni Reception with keynote speaker Wes Moore
Venable’s Alumni Network hosted an Alumni Reception on October 12, 2017 in our Baltimore office. Many of our Venable colleagues and alumni enjoyed an engaging evening which included our keynote speaker, Wes Moore, the best-selling author, decorated Army combat veteran, Rhodes Scholar, White House Fellow, investment professional, social entrepreneur, and CEO of the Robin Hood Foundation. Wes Moore is a gifted and inspiring speaker who challenged us to find purpose and passion through our work and to be our best, both personally and professionally.
For questions or more information, please contact Ellen Feldman, Alumni Relations Coordinator at
For over 100 years, Venable has grown and prospered because of the tremendous contributions of the many professionals who have passed through our doors. We are proud of our numerous accomplished alumni, and we are grateful that they choose to stay in contact with us after they leave.
"The success of our firm is directly attributable to the quality of relationships that we have built over the years."
Partner Greg Cross, Board Member of the Alumni Committee
Among our distinguished alumni are:
- James W. Gerlach, former United States Representative, Pennsylvania
- James E. Rogan, former United States Representative, California and current Judge of the Superior Court of California
- John P. Sarbanes, United States Representative, Maryland
- Benjamin Civiletti, former United States Attorney General
- Governor Asa Hutchinson, Governor of Arkansas, former Undersecretary of Homeland Security, former head of the Drug Enforcement Administration, former United States Representative for the Arkansas 3rd Congressional District
State / Local Judges
- Susan K. Gauvey, United States Magistrate Judge of the District Court for the District of Maryland
- Amy Berman Jackson, United States District Judge for the District of Columbia
- Benson E. Legg, former Chief Judge, United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- L. Paige Marvel, United States Tax Court Judge
- J. Frederick Motz, Senior United States District Judge for the District of Maryland
- Francis D. Murnaghan, Jr., former judge for the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- William D. Quarles, Jr., former United States District Judge for the District of Maryland
- David E. Rice, United States Bankruptcy Judge
- Roger W. Titus, Senior United States District Judge for the District of Maryland
- Robert L. Wilkins, United States Circuit Judge of the Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia
All alumni are welcome to join the Venable Alumni Network, which is designed to help you establish new connections and strengthen existing relationships with former colleagues. It is a forum for exchanging the latest news and updates.