Elise Gabriel is an associate in the Commercial Litigation practice in New York. She has represented clients in state and federal courts in a diverse array of matters, including contract disputes and business torts, financial services, intellectual property, and government investigations and enforcement. Among other things, Ms. Gabriel has significant experience in motion practice, written discovery and deposition practice, investigations, and trial preparation.
Ms. Gabriel's representative matters include:
- Defended an international delivery company against claims of misappropriation of trade secrets and unfair competition.
- Represented the subsidiary of an investment banking firm in a breach of contract suit related to the purchase of a bankruptcy claim.
- Defended a major financial institution against claims brought pursuant to the False Claims Act in relation to federally guaranteed mortgages.
- Represented a mortgage servicer in an internal investigation regarding compliance with a multi-state settlement agreement.
- Represented an appraisal management company in a complex breach of contract action brought by the FDIC as receiver for a large failed bank.
- Defended an international construction company in a federal civil RICO action.
- Represented a startup company in an SEC investigation.
Ms. Gabriel also maintains a pro bono practice and has obtained asylum for clients fleeing persecution, including an unaccompanied minor seeking refuge from violence in Ecuador.
Ms. Gabriel is a 2011 graduate of New York University School of Law. She received a Bachelor of Arts degree in English, magna cum laude
, from the University of Pennsylvania.