Our Franchise and Distribution attorneys represent franchisors in a variety of fields, including hotels, restaurants, convenience stores, retailing, automotive and personal services. Our attorneys have hands-on experience with the operating problems of franchise companies, as well as deep expertise in registration and regulatory law.
EXPERIENCE AT EVERY STEP: FROM FRANCHISE CONCEPT TO GLOBAL NETWORK
Strength across a wide array of disciplines and industries.
Compliance with franchise laws often has the highest priority, but a maze of other laws also affects the development of franchise and distribution networks.
Venable has extensive experience in areas of the law beyond franchising and distribution. These include advertising and marketing, construction, real estate, intellectual property, bankruptcy, labor and employment, environmental, finance, estate planning, securities, tax and others. Our franchise lawyers draw on these strengths in meeting the business goals of clients.
- We negotiated hundreds of franchise agreements for an international hotel franchisor.
- We successfully litigated franchisee/dealer terminations in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, Virginia and Texas.
- We assisted a manufacturer/distributor in licensing its technology and trademarks in eight foreign countries.
- For a national advertising fund of one of the largest fast-food franchisors, we completed a tax-based restructuring, negotiated endorsement contracts, created standard form agency agreements and successfully concluded two consumer protection disputes.
- For a 50-state vehicle rental franchisor, we structured a nationwide state income and sales tax compliance plan.