Evan Pritchard is a member of Venable's Real Estate practice, where he focuses on securing zoning and land use approvals for developers and landowners in jurisdictions throughout Northern Virginia, including Arlington, Fairfax County, the City of Fairfax, and the City of Falls Church, among others. He advises clients on state and federal legislation and regulations affecting real estate development and important changes to local jurisdictions' comprehensive plans and zoning ordinances. His clients include mixed-use project developers, large corporate clients as well as some work for nonprofits and churches.
Prior to joining Venable, Mr. Pritchard spent nearly a decade at a Northern Virginia land use and development firm. An experienced litigator, he worked with the Environment & Natural Resources Division of the U.S. Department of Justice, serving as lead counsel on 25 civil cases in federal court.
- Secured unanimous approval for Rosslyn Plaza Phased Development Site Plan in Arlington.
- Secured three site plan amendments for Ballston Quarter in Arlington.
- Secured multiple special exceptions in Fairfax.
- Secured multiple mixed-use, transit-oriented site plan approvals in Arlington.
- Represented landowners in multiple rezonings to the Planned Tysons Corner (PTC) Urban District.
- Represented multiple landowners and applicants before the Fairfax City Council and Board of Architectural Review (BAR) on various projects.