Estate planning for farms and ranches requires specific knowledge and tools to ensure the best client representation. This legal course will give you the knowledge to preserve the farms and other assets your clients have worked their entire lives to acquire and build. Explore the challenges and opportunities unique to estate planning for farmers to help make good sense of difficult legal and financial policies. Learn what you need to know about estate taxes, wills, trusts, government programs, and other key elements.
At this basic-to-intermediate level seminar:
- Learn how to use family farm assets to fund retirement and long-term care.
- Explore the deciding factors in choosing the right business entity when planning ownership transfer.
- Analyze the liquidity of farm assets and augment each plan accordingly.
- Employ all available tools for transferring assets and preserving wealth.
- Tackle unique factors of farm asset valuation.
- Recognize when giving away the farm is the wisest financial decision and how to do it properly.
Who Should Attend
- Estate and Financial Planners
- Accountants and CPAs
- Tax Preparers
- Trust Officers
- Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, and Retirement Planning
- Business Structure Choice and Conversion - Including Sample Documents
- Income and Gift Tax Planning
- Non-Tax Estate Planning Considerations
- Planning for a Gradual Transfer within the Family
- Transfers upon Death: Key Estate Administration Concerns
Daniel C. Lorenzen, Venable LLP
K. Christopher Branch, KC Branch Firm
Frank Corral, Lowthorp, Richards, McMillan, Miller & Templeman
Dianna M. Wilke, Sole Practitioner
For information and registration, click here.