Update: This event has already occurred. Please click here for a recording of the program, and click here to view presentation materials from the event.
The NIST Cybersecurity Framework, released on February 12th, is the culmination of a year-long collaboration between owners and operators of critical infrastructure and the federal government to standardize cyber risk management. Now that the Framework is final, many questions remain:
- Will your company be exposed to liability if the Framework is not adopted or is imperfectly implemented?
- Does the Framework establish a de facto standard of care, and if so, will this standard of care extend beyond critical infrastructure?
- Is the Framework cost effective and has adoption been properly incentivized?
- Will agencies base regulations on the Framework?
- What are the ramifications of the Framework’s statements on privacy and how will they be harmonized with NIST’s upcoming efforts to develop technical privacy standards?
Join keynote speaker Larry Clinton, President and CEO of the Internet Security Alliance, and a panel of Venable’s seasoned cybersecurity lawyers as they discuss these key questions and more during a free webinar at 1 pm ET this Wednesday, February 19th.
Jamie Barnett, Partner and Retired Navy Rear Admiral
Jason Wool, Associate
Ariel S. Wolf, Associate
To register, click here.