Allyson B. Baker will present "Preparing for the CFPB’s Heightened Scrutiny of the Prepaid Industry: Assessing the Short- and Long-Term Impact of the CFPB’s New Proposed Reg E Rulemaking, the CFPB’s Formal Acceptance of Consumer Complaints Relating to Prepaid Products, the Revised Remittance Transfer Rule, UDAAP Issues, and More" at ACI's 11th National Forum on Prepaid Card Compliance in Washington, DC on January 29, 2015. Topics she will cover are:
- Potential issues arising from the CFPB’s proposed Reg E rulemaking
- How program managers, issuers, and other prepaid participants view the potential impact, if any, that the new rule could have on their operations
- What steps are program managers and issuers taking, or planning on taking, in order to ensure compliance with the new rule?
- Best practices for managing consumer complaints lodged with the CFPB
- Overcoming the hurdles raised for issuers and other prepaid participants
- Avoiding becoming bogged down responding to these complaints
Bureau UDAAP initiatives as they relate to prepaid
- Impact of the revised remittance transfer rule on prepaid products that are sent to foreign countries
- CFPB scrutiny of rewards programs and what this means for prepaid card programs that have rewards tied to their products
For more information and to register, please visit the American Conference Institute website.