Please join Venable LLP and BDO USA, LLP for a complimentary lunch & learn, where we will be discussing the Top 2019 Privacy and Security Issues for Health Data at Venable’s San Francisco office.
As privacy and security laws continue to evolve at a rapid pace, navigating the federal, state, and global laws has become even more challenging for healthcare, medical device, pharmaceutical, and wellness companies. With a wide variety of regulators focused on data privacy and security and the potential for significant penalties, it’s critical that companies stay on top of the latest developments. Our expert panelists will lead a roundtable discussion on the most pressing 2019 privacy and security issues facing companies in the healthcare life cycle, including the following:
- Emerging trends in the healthcare industry;
- The current focus for regulatory authorities and recent enforcement actions;
- Connected medical devices and related security risks;
- Preparing for California’s Internet of Things law;
- The interplay between HIPAA, GDPR, CCPA, and other state laws;
- New cybersecurity guidance from HHS and FDA;
- The push for interoperability and the risk/reward calculus; and
- The role patents can play in protecting data-driven IP and related apps, especially in view of evolving clarity around patent-eligible subject matter.
Registration: 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. PT
Program: 12:00 – 1:30 p.m. PT
Thora Johnson, Partner, Venable LLP