Allyson Baker will present "Examining the Latest Activity of the CFPB, Coordination Amongst the Different Federal Agencies and What to Expect from Federal Enforcement Going Forward" at the ACI National Forum on Consumer Finance Class Actions and Government Enforcement on Tuesday, July 23, 2019.
The program will cover:
- A survey of the latest enforcement actions by the CFPB and other federal agencies in the consumer financial services industry
- What kind of trends are being seen?
- How is the new CFPB handling restitutions?
- What priorities will the CFPB be focusing on under newly appointed director Kathleen Kraninger?
- What to expect from federal enforcement actions, examinations and investigations going forward?
- Analyzing the status of the CFPB's roll-back of the Payday Lending Rule
- Discussing the CFPB's decision to stop examining financial firms for compliance with the Military Lending Act – what will the implications of this be?
- Assessing the status of the CFPB's rules concerning debt collection, overdraft practices and small business lending
- Tracking the coordination among the various federal agencies relative to enforcement activity (FTC, FDIC, OCC, DOJ)