The California Consumer Privacy Act–coming January 1, 2020–includes nuanced carveouts for HIPAA-covered entities, healthcare providers under the CMIA, some health IT companies, and certain health information. However, the exemptions may not be exactly what they seem. Come learn what these laws mean for healthcare and health IT companies and how to interpret CCPA's exemptions.
The key provisions in the CCPA, including:
- Who's covered?
- What entities are exempted?
- What data is covered?
- What data is exempted?
- What's required by when?
- How the CCPA, CMIA, and HIPAA interrelate and stack up against each other.
- What is not exempted (civil liability!)
- How to protect yourself against those lawsuits (reasonable data security).
- How we can help (risk assessments to determine what is reasonable for you!).
After the program, please stay and continue the conversation over drinks.
Thora Johnson, Partner, Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation
Shannon Yavorsky, Partner, eCommerce, Privacy, and Cybersecurity
Jami Vibbert, Partner, eCommerce, Privacy, and Cybersercurity
4:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. PT
5:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. PT