Update: This event has already occurred. Please click above to view the webinar. To view all of our recorded webinars, please visit our Venable LLP YouTube channel.
Privacy laws are ever-changing in the U.S. and elsewhere, and data security risks are growing. But how we do health is also changing. From traditional to connected, from in-person to digital, we will discuss how your organization fits within the health privacy and security legal landscape and how to operationalize compliance.
- Learn about the regulatory landscape now governing privacy and security for healthcare providers and their vendors
- Dive into the CCPA and the scope of its important HIPAA and CMIA exemptions
- Consider the CCPA and other state laws requiring “reasonable security”
- What is it? Why is it so important?
- Explore privacy and security issues in the push to interoperability
- Understand how IoT (internet of things) laws may affect healthcare and connected devices
Thora Johnson, Partner, Venable LLP
Jami Mills Vibbert, Partner, Venable LLP
Shannon Yavorsky, Partner, Venable LLP