Jonathan Lurie and Elham Ardestani presented “Dealing with Trusts and California Taxes” at the 2021 CalCPA Estate and Trust Planning Virtual Conference on July 12, 2021. Topics of discussion included:
- Avoidance of California income taxation for trusts and beneficiaries
- Selection of trustees, protectors, distribution committee, and special trustees and the relationship among them
- Decanting (migrating) California trusts to states with little or no income tax
- Considerations and issues regarding trust structure
- Preparation for FTB evaluation
The Estate and Trust Planning Conference, co-chaired by Jonathan Lurie, is designed for CPAs, attorneys, and financial professionals involved in estate and gift tax planning and compliance; other estate planning professionals; and practitioners with high-net-worth clients and clients with interests in closely held businesses.