Jean Y. Yu
Jean Yu is a member of the Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation Group. She represents large public corporations, small and mid-market companies, multiemployer (Taft-Hartley) plans, single employer plans, non-profit organizations, and corporate trustees. Jean's work includes:
- Designing and implementing traditional retirement plans (e.g., 401(k), profit-sharing, and pension plans), health and welfare plans, and various deferred compensation plans and arrangements.
- Representing clients in negotiations with the IRS and DOL on complex compliance issues, including correction of plan qualification errors through EPCRS.
- Advising on tax qualification and compliance issues.
- Counseling employers on multiemployer trust and collective bargaining issues.
- Advising on ERISA fiduciary and prohibited transaction issues.
- Documenting registered investment advisor and broker-dealer agreements.
- Assisting plan fiduciaries with reporting and disclosure compliance.
- Representing clients in appeal of administrative agency decisions.
- Counseling on employee benefits issues in corporate mergers and acquisitions, such as executive compensation, disposition of equity awards upon change of control, severance, and 280G “golden parachute” issues.
- Designing and implementing equity-based plans and agreements (e.g., SARs, stock options, and restrict stock), bonus plans, severance plans, employment agreements and other nonqualified deferred compensation plans and arrangements.
- Advising on the impact of 409A regulations.