Effective Date: July 1, 2020
We collect information you voluntarily provide to us, including your name, employment information, email address, phone number, physical address, or additional information you choose to provide us. We collect this information when you contact us through the submission of an online form.
We use your personal information for a number of purposes, including, but not limited to:
- To respond to your inquiries;
- To provide you with newsletters and other updates that may be of interest to you;
- For business purposes, such as analytics, research, advertising and marketing, and operational purposes;
- To maintain, operate, customize, and improve the Site;
- To comply with law enforcement and maintain the security of our Site and Venable; or
- As otherwise disclosed at the time of collection or use.
We process your personal information, for the performance of a contract including to enter into a contract with you; in our legitimate interests to improve our services; or with your consent.
We share personal information with third parties, including, but not limited to:
- With third parties that provide services on our behalf, such as those that provide website operation and advertising and marketing services;
- As part of a sale, merger or acquisition, or other transfer of all or part of our assets, including as part of a bankruptcy proceeding;
- Pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process or as otherwise required or requested by law, regulation, or government authority programs, or to protect our rights or the rights or safety of third parties; or
- With your consent or as otherwise disclosed at the time of data collection or sharing.
We may share information that has been de-identified or aggregated without restriction.
Venable uses Google Analytics and other third-party services to improve the performance of the Site and for analytics purposes. For more information about how Google Analytics collects and uses data when you use our Site, visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners. To opt out of Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Third-Party Links & Tools
The Site may also include integrated social media tools or “plug-ins,” such as social networking tools offered by third parties. If you use these tools to share personal information or you otherwise interact with these features on the Service, those companies may collect information about you and may use and share such information in accordance with your account settings, including by sharing such information with us and the general public. Your interactions with third-party companies and your use of their features are governed by the privacy notices of the companies that provide those features. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy notices of any accounts you create and use.
Under certain circumstances, you may have a right to the following:
- To request access to (and a copy of) the personal information we hold about you;
- To request that we erase your personal information;
- To request that we stop processing your personal information;
- Where we previously obtained your consent, to withdraw consent to processing your personal information.
Please be aware that Venable may be unable to afford these rights to you under certain circumstances, such as if we are legally prevented from doing so. To exercise these rights, please contact us at the contact information below.
California Privacy Rights
This section contains disclosures required by the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and applies only to “personal information” that is subject to the CCPA. Consumers with disabilities may access this notice by contacting us at privacy@Venable.com and requesting assistance.
We collect from consumers the following categories of personal information about California consumers:
- Personal and online identifiers, such as name and email address;
- Categories of information described in Section 1798.80(e) of the California Civil Code, such as telephone number;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as interactions with our website; and
- Professional or employment-related information.
We collect personal information from consumers, our clients, social networks, data analytics providers, and other third parties.
While we disclose all categories of personal information we collect to our service providers, we do not, and will not, sell personal information under the CCPA.
California residents have certain rights with respect to the personal information collected by businesses. If you are a California resident, you may exercise the following rights regarding personal information about you, subject to certain exceptions and limitations:
- The right to know the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect, use, disclose, and sell about you, the categories of sources from which we collected personal information about you, our purposes for collecting or selling personal information, the categories of personal information that we have either sold or disclosed for a business purpose, and the categories of third parties with which we have shared personal information;
- The right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you or maintain about you.
- The right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of the privacy rights conferred by the CCPA.
To exercise any of the above rights, please contact us by phone toll-free at 1.833.509.2272 or online at www.Venable.com/CCPArequest.
To verify your request, we will compare the information you provide in your request to any information we maintain about you. Note that we may need to request additional information from you to verify your identity or understand the scope of your request, although you will not be required to create an account with us to submit a request or have it fulfilled.
You may designate an authorized agent to make a CCPA request on your behalf by designating such an agent in writing or through a power of attorney. We will require the agent to provide us with proof that you have authorized the agent to make the CCPA request on your behalf prior to accepting a request from the agent.
If our information practices change, we will post those changes on this page. We encourage you to visit this page periodically to learn of any updates.
600 Massachusetts Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20001