The presentation from this webinar is available for download in the left column.
The federal stimulus package has now been signed into law. In the coming months, $7.2 billion dollars will be available to promote broadband/ high speed Internet services throughout the U.S. What are the particulars surrounding this new program? Who benefits from it? How can you participate in this broad and important federal program?
Venable's Communications attorneys have been tracking the legislative and regulatory changes that are most likely to affect how you proceed. In this webinar, we'll provide an overview of:
- Criteria for obtaining funding
- Technology Issues and Regulatory Definitions
- Procedures to apply for RUS/NTIA grants
- Strategies for improving grant application prospects
- The role of the Rural Utilities Service (RUS) and the National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) in distributing broadband stimulus funds