Registration - 1:30 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Program - 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
575 7th Street, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20004
Related program materials can be found in the attached document located in the left sidebar.
To hear a recording of this session, please click here.
- Effectively managing the current economic climate from a human resources perspective.
- Venable's checklist for conducting a RIF.
- Controlling litigation costs through preventative audits and better management training on HR issues.
- Policy changes called for by new and anticipated federal and DC-area laws:
- Amendments to the Americans with Disabilities Act;
- Ledbetter Fair Pay Act;
- DC Paid Sick and Safe Leave Act;
- New restrictions on government contractors; and
- Toughened federal agency enforcement of all employee rights laws.
David Warner, Partner, Venable LLP
Grace Lee, Associate, Venable LLP