Michael Leber and Jessica Lubar will be part of a panel discussion titled, "Legal and Tax Implications of Business Trusts: Why and When You Should Consider Business Trusts When Choosing the Form of Business Entity" on March 11, 2010 in Ellicott City, Maryland.
The panel is co-sponsored by the Business Law and Taxation Sections of the Maryland State Bar Association. The event is free for Business Law and Tax Section members. However, reservations are required. RSVP to: Katrina C. Kamantauskas-Holder.
- The income tax treatment of business trusts as partnerships or disregarded entities.
- The use of business trusts in real estate transactions and for other purposes.
- Asset protection characteristics of business trusts.
- Governance issues regarding business trusts - how flexible are they.
- What changes would be made by the pending legislation regarding Maryland Statutory Trusts.