This audioconference will empower senior executives and HR directors to minimize the risk of litigation while making the tough labor and employment decisions necessary for their organization's survival.
Learn best practices for adhering to the law and ensuring legal compliance, and turn best practices into recession-busting tools:
- Build board, member and supporter buy-in for the salary and benefits changes needed to see your nonprofit through the recession
- Implement changes without sparking employee dissatisfaction over newly-transparent employment and compensation data
- Apply best practices in designing and implementing a RIF, including how to conduct cohort analyses you can use to document fairness
- Control litigation costs in a recessionary environment where employees are more likely to file claims
- Address pitfalls your organization faces under the Fair Labor Standards Act, especially with regard to conferences and trade shows, and the use of contract labor
- Align employment practices with the significant change in how the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act now defines what constitutes a "disability"
- Prepare for the likely impact of sweeping new state regulations affecting nonprofits -- particularly those in California, as well as the metropolitan areas of Chicago, New York and Washington, DC (e.g., the DC Accrued Sick and Safe Leave Act)
- Use cost-effective tools to maintain morale and employment engagement
Luisa Lopez, Associate, Venable LLP
David Warner, Partner, Venable LLP