Required as part of the Lobbyist Certificate Program (LCP), this core session arms you with the practical know-how to comply with today's lobbying regulations and keep the media and opponents from using your filings and disclosures against you.
From bundling regulations (that recently tripped up several PACs), to gifts, events and communications, you will learn how to avoid pitfalls in registering and filing the LD-1 form, what information to provide on the quarterly LD-2 and semiannual LD-203 reports. You'll also learn how FARA regulations apply to lobbying on behalf of foreign government and political entities.
This session required for Lobbyist Certificate Program certification.
Guidance on how to:
- Comply with reporting and documentation for LDA and FARA filings
- Handle special situations, including when communications are exempt; how the House and Senate differ on gifts, events, and receptions; when honorary payments need to be reported; and when organizations are required to file FARA reports with the DOJ
- Avoid House Clerk and Senate Secretary correction letters
- Apply today's best "audit-proof" strategies in your dealings with legislative and executive branch government staff
- Prepare your staff - and documentation systems - for a GAO audit
- Adjust policies and practices for recent regulations - including how new bundling regulations affect PACs and lobbyists
This session offers essential guidance for both new and seasoned professionals involved in lobbying and advocacy including:
- Lobbyists and government relations professionals with firms, corporations and non-profits
- PAC directors
- Campaign managers
- Political consultants
- Advocacy professionals
Cost: $145 (members) $245 (non-members). Registration information is available on the ALL website.