Update: This event has already occurred. Please click above to listen to and view the recorded webinar, click here to view presentation materials from the event, and visit our Venable LLP Nonprofit YouTube channel to listen to and view all of our recorded webinars on nonprofit legal topics.
An effective fundraising campaign is vital to a nonprofit organization’s success. Paulette Maehara, outgoing President and CEO of Association of Fundraising Professionals, will share a wealth of knowledge in the nonprofit fundraising arena, and will provide her insights on the key elements of developing and managing successful fundraising campaigns. Ms. Maehara was selected by The NonProfit Times as one of the top 50 Most Influential People in Philanthropy for the last ten years. In addition, she has served in leadership capacities with the Epilepsy Foundation and the American Red Cross.
In addition, Art Taylor, President and CEO of BBB Wise Giving Alliance, will share the thought leadership provided by the Wise Giving Alliance in assisting donors in making informed judgments about charities soliciting their support. Mr. Taylor has been the President and CEO since 2001.
This program is also designed to provide a broad overview of the legal, accounting and administrative aspects of a successful fundraising effort, and offer practical tips on how to align these fundraising activities with the organization's mission. The program will be beneficial not only to professionals who manage nonprofits but to anyone engaged in any portion of the fundraising effort.
Speakers will discuss:
- Best practices for developing and managing a successful fundraising campaign
- Understanding informed donors' criteria for giving
- Charitable solicitation registration and other legal considerations
- Interacting with the government and other oversight organizations
- Tackling accounting issues related to fundraising
- Paulette Maehara, President and CEO, Association of Fundraising Professionals
- Kristalyn J. Loson, Associate, Venable LLP
- Art Taylor, President and CEO, BBB Wise Giving Alliance
- Lee Klumpp, Assurance Director, Nonprofit Industry Group Accounting and Auditing Technical Leader, BDO
Lunch and Networking: 12:00 - 12:30 p.m. EST
Program and Webinar: 12:30 - 3:00 p.m. EST
Please RSVP to asample@Venable.com by April 22nd. Please indicate if you will attend the luncheon or participate via webinar.