West Room, 3rd Floor
Update: This event has already occurred. An audio recording of the program is available by clicking here.
You have a great product, an excellent brand, and you're open for business in the United States. But how do you manage your workforce and avoid disputes?
Join Venable and The Spain-U.S. Chamber of Commerce to hear industry professionals address the things you need to know, and the things you need to do, to be a successful and trouble-free employer.
- protecting the parent company: the importance of corporate separateness for U.S. operations;
- how to hire (and fire) executives: the role of contracts;
- how to hire (and fire) employees: the truth about employment at will;
- employing union members: getting along with big labor;
- enforcing equality in the workplace: all employees are created equal;
- paying your American employees: the importance of fair wages and hours;
- benefits: the U.S. healthcare and retirement model;
- dealing with governments: navigating the dark seas of federal and state regulation;
- dispute resolution: avoiding and defending employee litigation; and
- best practices: the top ten do's and don'ts.
- Brian C. Dunning, Partner
- Mark S. Vecchio, Partner
- Michael J. Volpe, Partner
- Luisa M. Lopez, Associate
Breakfast and Networking: 8:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. (EST)
Program: 8:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. (EST)
To RSVP, please contact Patti Reisman at NYEvents@Venable.com or 646.277.8158.