On April 17th Venable’s NY Labor and Employment Practice Group will host a breakfast briefing for restaurant industry employers.
Topics will include:
Navigating the pitfalls of social media in and about the workplace
- Do your employees use online social media? If so, liability is just around the corner
- Employee tweets, blogging, and Facebook posts: Employee comments and criticisms about their workplaces and employers may be protected by the law
- What you can and cannot do as an employer to limit your employees from publishing information about your business
New York’s Wage Theft Prevention Act (WTPA) and other common payroll pitfalls
- The WPTA: Its requirements, recurring deadlines, and weekly penalties for non-compliance
- New York’s spread-of-hours pay requirement
- Recordkeeping issues for restaurant industry employers
Avoiding sexual harassment liability
- Dos and don’ts of responding to allegations of sexual harassment
- How to establish a clear reporting system to minimize risk
- Ensuring your training programs are adequate
- Crafting policies and procedures to provide a defense against claims of harassment
For more information about this event, please contact NYEvents@Venable.com.