Investment bankers and other financial advisors call them “highly structured” deals. That’s a euphemism for “very complicated, fraught with risk and requiring unconventional thinking.” Although there are signs that the “Great Recession” may be nearing an end, getting an acquisition done in the current environment remains a difficult thing to do. Please join us for the second in a continuing series of breakfast discussions devoted to the “sell side” of the M&A equation. Our panelists will discuss the current state of the “middle market” for mergers and acquisitions — with a focus on the types of creative solutions that principals and their financial advisors are using to get deals over the finish line — as well as some of the best practices for negotiating and drafting effective deal documents in order to close the transaction and avoid issues post-closing, and real world accounts of what has worked and what hasn’t.
7:30 - 8:00 a.m.
Registration, Breakfast and Meet & Greet
8:00 - 10:30 a.m.
Bobby N. Turnage, Jr., Partner, Venable LLP
Panel 1: Market Overview
Featuring a panel of investment bankers, including:
- Larry Davis, Partner at Aronson Capital Partners
- Rick Zitelman, President of The Zitelman Group, Inc.
- Matthew LoCascio, Managing Director of Equity Partners CRB
Paul T. Kaplun, Partner at Venable LLP
Panel 2: "How To (and Not To)"
Featuring a panel of legal and accounting practitioners discussing best practices in drafting effective purchase and sale documents including:
- Peter McKenna, Partner at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP
- Norman Lencz, Partner at Venable LLP
- Art Cirulnick, Partner at Venable LLP
Art Cirulnick, Partner at Venable LLP
Panel 3: "Been There, Done That"
Featuring a panel of buyers and sellers who have recently navigated difficult conditions and successfully closed transactions, including:
- Robert Flanagan, Executive Vice President of Clark Enterprises, Inc.
- Steven Schwartz, Portfolio Manager, Prudent Capital
- J. Jeremy Parks, Executive Vice President, Jerome J. Parks Co.
Tom France, Partner, Venable LLP
Please click here to register for this event.