Update: This event has already occurred. Please click above to listen to and view the recorded webinar, click here to view presentation materials from the event, and visit our Venable LLP Nonprofit YouTube channel to listen to and view all of our recorded webinars on nonprofit legal topics.
Some nonprofit organizations – a relatively small minority – are heavily involved in litigation, both as a party (either as a plaintiff and/or a defendant) and as a witness (such as being the recipient of a third-party subpoena or the recipient of an information and document request in connection with a governmental investigation). But for that majority of nonprofits that are fortunate enough to not be frequently involved in litigation, there generally are more questions than answers in this area, and that is not a good position for the organization to be in when confronted by litigation out of the blue. But not for much longer. This program – led by two of Venable’s seasoned litigators who have worked with scores of Venable’s nonprofit clients – will give participants basic tools to answer the following questions (and more):
- What do I do when my organization is named as a defendant in a lawsuit and served with a summons and complaint?
- What do I do when my organization is served with a third-party subpoena as a witness?
- What do I do when my organization is served with a request for information or documents from a governmental agency?
- What do I do when my organization is served with a search warrant?
- What do I do when my organization is served with criminal process?
Come armed with your questions. This will be a very interesting, fast-paced, interactive program focused on practical tips and strategies that you will not want to miss.