A.J. Zottola will present "Online Social Media Legal Issues and Risks" at TRENDS Communications LIVE: Annual Communications Legal Update on October 26, 2012.
This session is designed to give your communications team the power to use print, the internet, social media and email without losing revenues, intellectual property or lawsuits. Noted authorities on intellectual property, social media law, and advocacy communications will join with a panel of Association communications directors to map out today’s legal realities and the best real-world strategies for raising your protections and reducing your risks.
The panel will provide practical answers to today's toughest legal questions in communications, including:
- With members actively creating content for you, who owns what?
- What needs to change to keep communications in line with the FCC’s changes in to regulations on everything from trademarks and copyrights to social media and domain names?
- What is the EOC looking at and what needs to go into your own employee policy handbook regarding socialmedia?
- How is social media being used safely – and effectively – and how can you share content without losing control of your organization’s content, revenues and reputation?
- What wording changes can limit any legal risk with your outreach and mailings?
- How you can tailor your communications to maximize the effectiveness of your government affairsactivities without inadvertently running afoul of IRS, FEC and Congressional Lobbying Disclosure rules (and comparable state requirements).
For information and registration, please click here.