Dealing with sales and use tax issues is always confusing, complex and burdensome for nonprofits. Obligations differ state by state, as do exemptions, many are far from clear-cut, the rules are not static, and when you add in local regulations, it can be enough to make an in-house counsel's head spin. What are the basics you need to know, what is on the horizon for 2013, and what are the hot-button issues of the day? You can find out on our January Legal Quick Hit. Two of Venable's sales and use tax gurus will address issues such as:
- Internet selling – obligations when selling online
- Internet buying – obligations and exemptions when buying online
- Nexus – where has Amazon taken us and where are we headed
- Sales and use tax audits – the nexus letter
- Conference hosting – when you are “the fellow behind the tree”
This event is open to ACC members only. Please visit ACC's website if interested in membership.