Update: This event has already occurred. Please click above to listen to and view the recorded webinar, click here to view presentation materials from the event, and visit our Venable LLP Nonprofit YouTube channel to listen to and view all of our recorded webinars on nonprofit legal topics.
Dealing with sales and use tax issues is frequently confusing, complex and burdensome for nonprofits. Obligations differ state by state, as do the available exemptions. Those rules, their administration, and the case law interpreting them are often far from clear cut and constantly changing. And, when you add in local tax laws, it’s more than enough to make one’s head spin.
What are the basics you need to know to best advise your clients? What are today’s hot-button issues? What is on the horizon for 2013? You can find all this out and more in this GWSCPA presentation. Two of Venable's sales and use tax gurus will address issues such as:
- Internet selling – obligations when selling online
- Internet buying – obligations and exemptions when buying online
- Nexus – where has Amazon taken us and where are we headed
- Sales and use tax audits – what happens when a client receives a nexus letter
- Conference hosting – the unique issues that arise when putting on an association event
Continuing education credits for certified public accountants will be provided.
8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. – Breakfast and Networking
8:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. – Presentation