Janice Ryan will be a featured speaker for "Online Advocacy: Leveraging New Media Methods in Your Advocacy Efforts," a Lobbying Certificate Program session from the American League of Lobbyists & Lobbyists.info, on April 8, 2013.
E-blasts … blogs … Twitter … Facebook … YouTube …advocacy ads are all powerful communications vehicles that can carry your message directly out to the public and into Congressional offices and committee rooms on Capitol Hill.
But which online vehicles make sense for your grassroots or issue campaign? What technology, content, effort and know-how does it take to make them work? What legal and public relations pitfalls exist? And how do you integrate online advocacy with your overall messaging and communications strategy?
This session in the Lobbyist Certificate Program gets you up to speed on every aspect of online advocacy, including how to choose and use tactics and craft relevant messaging for email, blogs and social networks. Government relations and online advocacy experts also offer practical guidance on how to mesh new media with traditional efforts, avoid compliance and public relations nightmares, and leverage these inexpensive platforms to achieve the greatest visibility — and influence.
What You'll Learn
- How to run an effective online advocacy operation in lean, competitive times
- Lessons learned from successful online advocacy campaigns
- An overview of the major social media channels and how to use them effectively
- Best practices for crafting relevant online messages
- Design considerations — and tips — for online tools, including the advocacy portion of your website
- Practical guidance on how to assess and choose strong outsourcing vendors and technologies and keep costs and administrative burdens to a minimum
- Troubleshooting advice on how to keep online advocacy activities from inadvertently triggering legal and compliance problems specific to the government relations environment and the general business environment
For information and registration, please click here.