Roger Colaizzi will present a CLE webinar entitled "Resolving Class Actions: A Panoply of Challenges and Creative Settlement Solutions in Light of New Developments in Class Action Practice" for Class Action Insurance Consultants, hosted by HB Litigation Conferences, on October 22.
- Recent, key decisions covering commonality and ascertainability – Carrera v. Bayer (Aug. 2013), and Thomasson v. GC Services (Sept. 2013), and how these decisions affect the sustainability of class action cases;
- Strategic case selection techniques;
- Tactical responses to class action complaints – motions to dismiss and class certification;
- Creative settlement tactics;
- Determining “take rates” in assessing exposure, including with respect to waste, fraud, abuse and viral risk;
- Class action insurance and capping risk in “claims made” and other types of settlements; and
- Plaintiff and defense perspectives of the class action landscape going forward, including varied types of relief, notice and administrative solutions.
Other speakers include:
- Aideen Gaffney, Class Action Insurance Consultants
- Joel Fineberg, Class Action Insurance Consultants
- Kristen Law Sagafi, Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein
To register, click here.