Lindsay Meyer will present "U.S. Export Controls: Understanding Your Obligations: Practical Tips and Traps" at the American Petroleum Institute's (API) International Trade and Customs Conference on March 31, 2014 at 3:45 p.m. CT. Ms. Meyer will cover:
- Goal: Understanding Impact on Petroleum Industry
- Overview of Key US Export Control Basics
- Which Agency and Regulations Apply?
- Defense Articles and Services (ITAR)
- Dual-Use Commodities (EAR)
- Economic Sanctions & Embargoes (OFAC)
- Current Status and Obligations Given Export Control Reform
- Drilling Down on Specific Areas of Risk to the Petroleum Industry
- Understand the Era of Heightened Enforcement
Ms. Meyer also will present on the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) in a separate presentation on March 31 at 2:30 p.m. CT.
Click the link to view presentation materials for "U.S. Export Controls: Understanding Your Obligations: Practical Tips and Traps."