Piercing the corporate veil & turning judgments into money have become increasingly difficult in recent years with the economic recovery and changes in the law. As more clients need to collect on debts and judgments, it is increasingly critical for practitioners to be fluent with the cutting-edge techniques and best practices to pierce & protect the corporate veil, locate assets, and enforce judgments against the most elusive debtors. The growing number of bankruptcies, foreclosures, and judgments has dramatically increased the need for attorneys proficient in the science of effective judgment enforcement and asset recovery. The Rossdale faculty for this seminar includes several leading authorities in this practice, who will describe judgment recovering remedies, piercing & protecting the corporate veil, navigating complex searches, strategies on enforcing judgments, fraudulent transfers, and communicating with debtors. This convenient, telephonic seminar will also include discussion on the latest decisions and rules governing collection and enforcement cases. Registration includes online access to course and reference materials that serve as a helpful guide to the numerous topics and techniques discussed in the program.
Key Agenda Points
- Veil Protection Strategies
- Liabilities for the Obligations of the Entity
- Best Practices in Litigating the Veil Piercing Case
- Minimizing Veil Piercing Problems & Fraudulent Conveyances
- What Litigators Need to Know
- Turning Judgments into Money
- Utilizing Liens & Court Orders
- Best Practices on Garnishments
- Execution & Dormancy of Judgments
- Strategies on Levying on Assets
- Techniques in Aid of Execution
- Conducting Conventional Discovery
- Strategies on Discovery through Online Resources
- Developments in Asset Collection
- What You Need to know about the Fair Debt Collection Practices
- Interactive Question & Answer Session
Pamela J. Palmer, Authority on Judgment Enforcement
Matthew McLaughlin, Partner at Venable LLP
CLE ACCREDITATION: Rossdale CLE is a national leader in attorney education and has trained thousands of attorneys, paralegals, and other legal professionals. CLE & MCLE credit, including ethics credit, is available in states and jurisdictions across the country. Visit the seminar webpage to learn more about CLE & MCLE credit for the program.
Only registered attendees will receive continuing education credit.
Registered attendees will automatically be e-mailed a complimentary recording and Podcast of the full-length seminar two days after the live teleconference and receive FULL CLE & MCLE CREDIT (where available) if they cannot attend the live teleconference.
Click to register for this CLE: Piercing the Corporate Veil & Turning the Judgment into Money.