Update: This event has already occurred. Visit our Venable LLP YouTube channel for additional resources on various legal topics.
Now that the IRS has issued final regulations relating to the employer mandate, group health plan sponsors can start preparing for next year. These "play-or-pay" rules come with a series of complicated decisions and potential pitfalls for plan sponsors to consider. Please join us and learn how to avoid costly mistakes with proper advance planning.
The following topics will be covered:
- Introduction to the "play-or-pay" rules
- Identifying your full-time employees: deciding whether to use the look-back measurement method or the monthly measurement method
- Determining whether your employer-offered coverage is "affordable" and sufficient
- Waiting periods: choosing when to offer coverage to newly hired employees
- Reporting obligations: how to report offers of coverage and employee enrollment to the government and your employees
- Interacting with the Exchanges: navigating open enrollment and special enrollment periods
- Litigation risks in reducing hours to limit the number of full-time employees and "whistleblower" retaliation issues
- Updating your plan documents and preparing for upcoming audit initiatives
The program will be followed by a question and answer session.
Join our speakers as they discuss these key issues and more during a free lunch and webinar on Wednesday, May 14, 2014.
Lisa A. Tavares, Partner, Venable LLP
12:00 p.m. - 12:30 p.m. ET - Networking and Luncheon
12:30 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. ET - Program and Webinar
Click the link to RSVP for the "What’s Ahead for 2015: Preparing Your Group Health Plan for the Employer Mandate," webinar.