The domestic power and utility sector is complex and changing rapidly as companies pursue new business models and work in a challenging and changing regulatory climate. One of the business challenges is environmental risks. Failure to manage environmental risk can lead to significant costs associated with damage, remediation, decreased income, regulatory penalties, and reputation management.
Join Wells Fargo and Venable LLP for a webinar to learn more about the environmental risk issues facing the power and utilities industry and various strategies to mitigate these risks. Our industry professionals will discuss:
- Market, economic, social/political, and regulatory trends related to environmental risks, with a focus on:
- Carbon emission legislation
- Regulation of particulates, PCBs, wastewater discharge, and ash ponds,
- Pending EPA decision on coal combustion residuals
- New risks in the clean power or renewable energy space
- How environmental insurance can help manage, limit, and cap environmental risks and liabilities, both in connection with operations and transactions, and how its use can complement other risk transfer/allocation mechanisms
- Developing a risk management platform combining environmental due diligence, legal, and risk strategies
Industry case studies addressing electric and renewable utilities for acquisitions, mergers, divestitures, and operational risks.
Click to register for "Power & Utilities: Environmental Regulation, Trends, and Risk Management."