There’s very little wiggle room in today’s meeting and events budgets. That’s why you can’t afford to sign a hotel contract that doesn’t represent your best interests. You don’t need to be a legal expert, but you DO need to be 100% proactive in negotiating better room rates, weeding out hidden fees, converting overly restrictive cancellation policies into more fair and flexible terms, and reducing your organization’s potential liability. Here’s the step-by-step guidance you need to master the “legalese” and turn better contracts into better events.
In this 90-minute webinar, you’ll learn how to take control of the legal issues associated with hotel contracts and how to reward your organization with smoother, more profitable meetings and events. Enjoy lower rates and greater flexibility—no more getting stuck with a contract that doesn’t represent your best interests. You’ll gain know-how that will make an immediate difference in meeting quality and costs by learning everything from what to look for in the fine print to how to negotiate with hotels.
Learn the steps to getting better hotel contracts, including:
- How to avoid common pitfalls in the contracting process
- How to mitigate potential attrition, cancellation, and other damages
- How to get the best force majeure language to protect you in the event of natural disasters, business disruption, and other risks
- How to translate what you want into equitable contract language
- How to negotiate better room rates and services (including what not to do)
Who Should Attend
This session is valuable to anyone involved in planning meetings and events for corporations, associations, and nonprofits, including:
- Meeting planners
- Legal counsel involved with event contracts
- Events managers
- Travel coordinators
Jeffrey S. Tenenbaum, Esq., Partner and Chair of the Nonprofit Organizations Practice, Venable LLP
Kristalyn J. Loson, Esq., Associate, Venable LLP