Maximizing the Effective Governance of Your Nonprofit
Bylaws are the foundational guidelines that govern the internal management of every nonprofit. Having faulty bylaws can create legal problems for organizations, and make the governance of a nonprofit very difficult. Our experienced panel will explain how to draft and revise nonprofit bylaws – step-by-step – and point out the most common mistakes made in drafting and revising bylaws, as well as highlighting best practices. Key points:
- Explore the best process for updating your nonprofit's bylaws.
- Know exactly what to include when drafting bylaws (and what not to include).
- Focus on the most common mistakes found in many nonprofit bylaws.
Please click here to read an article entitled "The 15 Most Common Nonprofit Bylaw Pitfalls: How to Avoid the Traps."
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for attorneys. It will also benefit nonprofit executive directors, presidents and vice presidents.
- Considerations Regarding Process for Updating Bylaws
- Common Bylaw Pitfalls
- Provision-by-Provision Guide
- Special Topics for Chapter/Affiliate Structures
- Policies and Procedures
- Closing Thoughts / Questions
Kristalyn J. Loson, Esq., Associate, Venable LLP
Click to register for "Drafting and Revising Nonprofit Bylaws: Common Pitfalls and Best Practices."