2049 Century Park East, Suite 2100
Los Angeles, CA 90067
Throughout 2014, our Brand Protection Team is offering complimentary seminars in Venable offices around the country to discuss the unique challenges facing businesses and the executives responsible for an array of intellectual property issues relating to brand and content management in today's commercial environment. We are pleased to invite you to the upcoming seminar in our Los Angeles office.
Your company's brand, image, content, designs, proprietary know-how and secrets are valuable intellectual property assets. Companies must leverage and protect these assets to succeed in today’s market; and managing these assets requires an active and diligent strategy, as business defamation, counterfeit goods, IP theft, knockoff designs, and pirated content cost companies billions of dollars in lost revenue every year.
Guest panelists Jim Gladstone, Executive V.P., Business and Legal at Lionsgate, Linda Menzel, Senior V.P., Licensing at Playboy Enterprises International, and John R. Sommer, Chief Administrative Officer and General Counsel at Stussy, Inc. will join Venable attorneys Justin Pierce, Marci Ballard, and Tamany Vinson Bentz to discuss the following:
- Brand protection challenges in a global licensing program;
- Protecting your brand in the movie industry; and
- Best practices for any brand protection program.
Our Brand IP seminar series will help you identify vulnerabilities in your current business model and present innovative solutions that protect your branded goods as well as your company's reputation in the marketplace. We'll discuss day-to-day operational changes you can implement immediately to help strengthen your company's brand protection, as well as present strategies to better leverage and exploit your brand and content.
Jim Gladstone, Executive V.P., Business and Legal, Lionsgate
Linda Menzel, Senior V.P., Licensing Business Affairs, Playboy Enterprises, Inc.
John R. Sommer, Chief Administrative Officer and General Counsel, Stussy, Inc.
Justin E. Pierce, Partner, Venable LLP
Marcella Ballard, Partner, Venable LLP
Tamany Vinson Bentz, Counsel, Venable LLP
Click here to view the event summary and speaker biographies
If you have any questions, please contact Faith Brinkley at FDBrinkley@Venable.com or 202.344.4524.
This activity has been approved for 2 hours of Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credit in New York and California. Click here for full details.
About Venable's Brand IP Series
Alongside Venable attorneys, noteworthy guest panelists with in-house brand and IP experience in a range of industries will review successful strategies to maximize brand value and to effectively fight against IP theft, counterfeiting and product diversion around the world. Some of the topics we'll address throughout the seminar series include:
- Developing and implementing a brand protection strategy;
- How counterfeit goods enter the domestic and international markets;
- Best practices in IP licensing;
- Proactively evaluating and addressing IP threats in corporate transactions, joint ventures, and mergers and acquisitions;
- The challenge of "gray market" goods and how to shut down unauthorized distribution channels;
- Protecting your online content from digital piracy;
- What to do about websites trading on your brand name to sell knockoff products;
- Partnering with government agencies in your brand protection efforts both in the US and abroad;
- Challenges to brand protection presented by new technologies such as 3D printing; and
- Working with your employees to incorporate IP protection strategies into daily business practices.
Click here for more information on Venable's Brand Protection Practice Group.