575 7th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20004
Update: This event has already occurred. Please click above to listen to and view the recorded webinar, click here to view presentation materials from the event, and visit our Venable LLP Nonprofit YouTube channel to listen to and view all of our recorded webinars on nonprofit legal topics.
Nonprofit organizations increasingly store and use personal data about members, donors, employees, and others. While such data brings great value, it also poses risks for nonprofits. Ever-evolving and persistent cyber threats make it imperative for organizations to stay informed, create policies and procedures, and plan. This panel brings together both technical and legal speakers to highlight the top ten cybersecurity challenges facing nonprofits today, and offers practical advice for tackling them. Some of the topics we will discuss include:
- Common mistakes and top tips for addressing cyber threats on a limited budget
- Preparing for the possibility of a data breach
- Incident response plans: the basics
- Contracting and outsourcing: who, when, and how
- Legal and technical frameworks for setting cyber priorities
- Cybersecurity should be an organizational mandate, not just something IT is left to handle
- Information breach: confidentiality, integrity, and availability
- Know key information security dangers: hacktivists, insiders, environmental
- Cyber-breach ramifications: financial, reputational, legal
- Basic security protocols
12:00 p.m. - 12:30 p.m. ET - Networking Luncheon
12:30 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. ET - Program/Webinar
Julia Kernochan Tama, Partner, Privacy and Data Security Practice, Venable LLP
Brian P. Sheehan, Vice President, DelCor Technology Solutions, Inc.
Christopher Ecker, Chief Technology Officer, DelCor Technology Solutions, Inc.