How will EO 13788 impact you?
On April 18, 2017 President Trump signed Executive Order 13788 titled, "Buy American and Hire American." The EO is intended to promote American industries and the production of American-made goods and services. The president wants agencies to "scrupulously monitor, enforce, and comply" with Buy American laws and "minimize the use of waivers, consistent with applicable law." The Department of Defense issued guidance on June 20, 2017 focused on what they are doing to prepare for the newly focused attention on the Berry Amendment and Buy American Act guidance.
Please join Mr. Bill Walter, the leader of DHG’s Government Contract Advisory Team and Mr. Dismas Locaria of Venable LLP as they discuss the following:
- The Administration goals with EO 13788
- DoD's recent history of IG Audits on compliance
- Updates to Defense Acquisition University learning modules
- FAR and DFARS guidance on Buy American Act
- Potential impacts on the Government Contracting Marketplace
Dismas Locaria, Partner, Government Contracts Practice, Venable LLP
Bill Walter, Dixon Hughes Goodman
Please note CPE is not offered for this webinar.
For questions or for more information, please contact Jay Watkins at 703.226.0036 or email@example.com.