Blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies like bitcoin are creating buzz and excitement in Hollywood and in the economy in general. Learn what companies are doing with blockchain technology and how it is already affecting film, TV, music, and digital entertainment and media.
The discussion will include:
- What is blockchain, and how is it distinct from bitcoin?
- How is blockchain being used to transform entertainment and media?
- Are celebrity endorsements of digital currencies legal?
- What are the tax and other consequences of buying bitcoin and other digital currencies?
- Registration 12:00 p.m. - 12:30 p.m. PT
- Luncheon & Program/Webinar 12:30 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. PT
- Chris O'Brien, Partner and Co-chair, Blockchain and Digital Currency Group, Venable LLP (Moderator)
- Shane Nix, Counsel, Tax and Wealth Planning Group, Venable LLP
- Kinsey Cronin, Director of Business Development, StartEngine
- Randy Saaf, Co-founder and CEO, Lucid Sight
- Alex Raskin, Managing Director, Houlihan Lokey