Think you own those photos your staff just posted on the website or your volunteers sent in? Learn the answer to this question from Venable Intellectual Property partners Meaghan Kent and Linda Zirkelbach and American Red Cross senior counsel Allison Leader. Other topics will include:
- How to be sure you own the work you pay professionals to create
- Top website and social media copyright issues
- How to force infringers to take down what you own
- What to watch for around the office
- How to ensure your nonprofit has the necessary rights before you use someone else's content
- The defense of fair use is not guaranteed simply because of nonprofit status
- Key issues in publishing contracts for your journals and books
- Meaghan Kent, Partner, Venable LLP
- Linda Zirkelbach, Partner, Venable LLP
- Allison Leader, Senior Counsel, American Red Cross
CAE Approved Provider
Venable LLP is a CAE Approved Provider. This program meets the requirements for fulfilling the professional development requirements to earn or maintain the Certified Association Executive credential. Every program we offer that qualifies for CAE credit will clearly identify the number of CAE credits granted for full, live participation, and we will maintain records of your participation in accordance with CAE policies. For more information about the CAE credential or Approved Provider program, please visit www.whatiscae.org.
Note: This program is not endorsed by, accredited by, or affiliated with ASAE or the CAE Program. Applicants may use any program that meets eligibility requirements in the specific time frame toward the exam application or renewal. There are no specific individual courses required as part of the applications—selection of eligible education is up to the applicant based on his/her needs.