As we navigate the “new normal,” it’s an ideal time to review your contracts and make sure they reflect the current best practices for independent schools and offer appropriate legal protection. Come listen to a panel of school attorneys who regularly advise on the legal implications of your agreements, as they cover the following topics:
- What are the basic principles of a contract, and the legal implications of your agreements?
- What should always – or never – be included in your contracts?
- How do you build in flexibility in case you need to change your normal operations (and, for example, pivot to remote learning)?
- What are the recent trends in enrollment contracts?
- What should be in an employee contract?
- When negotiating with third parties, what terms are legal landmines for a school that you should watch out for when you are sent a contract to sign?
Grace Lee will be joined by Mike Porter (Miller Nash) and Joy Ellis (Foster Garvey) to host a lively presentation and answer your questions about contracts and how to set up your school for legal success.