Venable partner Eric Prager presented “Ethics Issues in IP: Transactions, Prosecution, and Litigation” at the IPO Annual Meeting, hosted by the Intellectual Property Owners Association (IPO), on September 20, 2022 in Los Angeles, California.
This panel highlighted the common ethics issues that IP attorneys confront on a regular basis. Topics discussed include:
- New rules and key opinions
- Confidentiality and privilege in IP cases, including issues arising from protective order violations
- Duty of loyalty and conflict issues
- Duties related to candor to the USPTO and courts
- Duties regarding third parties
- USPTO OED rule changes and disciplinary decisions
For more information, please click here.