Justin Pierce will be speaking on the “Wearing the Business Hat as Senior Corporate Counsel: How to Bring the Most Value in Challenging Times” panel, which explores how legal is often viewed as a cost center, but when utilized properly, can greatly support, and improve business.
This panel will discuss:
- How to bring value to the business?
- How to demonstrate value to the business?
- “Don’t solve for litigation”: How to align legal interests with business interests?
- How to build out your team to bring the most value to the business, especially in challenging economic times when budgets are lean?
- How do you integrate your IP department with the business team to ensure smooth processes in various contexts, such as M&As where you have to do due diligence and post-merger IP integration?
Justin will be joined by the following speakers:
- Michael Binns - Associate General Counsel, Head of Patent Portfolio Strategy, Family of Apps, Meta
- Brandon Bludau - Director & Assistant General Counsel - Chief Patent Counsel, Capital One
- David Foster - Principal Counsel, The Walt Disney Company
- Naomi Waltman - Executive Vice President & Deputy General Counsel, Litigation, Paramount
- Mike Turner - Director of IP, Yokogawa