|Venable attorneys produce periodic alerts and newsletters covering a variety of topics and practice areas. For your convenience, we have assembled below a collection of the latest alerts and newsletters.
Wake-Up Call to Private Equity: Government Names PE Firm as Defendant in a False Claims Act Action
In February, the Justice Department unsealed a False Claims Act (FCA) complaint against a compounding pharmacy. The Complaint alleges that the compounding pharmacy, Diabetics Care Rx LLC, defrauded TRICARE, the U.S. military's healthcare program, out of $68 million.
Upcoming Deadlines for Employer Health Plans
March brings a number of important deadlines for employers who sponsor a group health plan for their employees.
- February 28, 2018 was the deadline for large employers and employers with self-funded plans to file certain Affordable Care Act forms with the IRS, if the employer is filing on paper and not electronically. (If filing electronically, the deadline was April 2, 2018).
- March 1, 2018 was the deadline for employers to file their Medicare Part D creditable coverage information with CMS.
- March 1, 2018 was the deadline for the health plan to report small HIPAA breaches occurring in 2017.
- March 2, 2018 was the deadline for large employers, and employers with self-funded health plans, to provide certain Affordable Care Act forms (Form 1095-C or Form 1095-B) to individuals.
Digital Media Link | February 2017
In connection with the Digital Entertainment World (DEW) expo on February 5-6, 2018, we are pleased to present a new issue of Digital Media Link. In this issue, we explore legal challenges for bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. We hope you find these articles informative, and that you continue to "link" up with us in this important area.
Fund Forum | February 2018
This issue of Venable's Fund Forum includes the following items:
- SEC OCIE Reveals 2018 Examination Priorities Letter
- FINRA 2018 Priorities Letter
- Texas-Sized Initial Coin Offering Faces Multiple Allegations in SEC Lawsuit
- SEC Issues Permanent No-Action Assurance to Futures Commission Merchant
- Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against BitConnect
- Former Prosecutor Kan Nawaday Joins Venable's New York Office
- Venable Team at SIFMA C&L Conference in Orlando
March 14, 2018: "Advertising Law in the United States & around the Globe" hosted by the Global Advertising Lawyers Alliance
March 15, 2018: Sexual Harassment: What Should Your Nonprofit Be Doing to Keep Itself Out of the Headlines and Out of Legal Hot Water?
March 22, 2018: "Checklist of key international legal issues for small U.S. businesses" at the 31st Annual NASBITE International Conference
CFPB's constitutionality affirmed, class action suit filed against cryptocurrency exchange, and more in this issue of Consumer Financial Services Practice Digest
CFPB's new strategic plan, regulatory risks of digital currency, and more in this issue of Consumer Financial Services Practice Digest
CSBS Announces Streamlined Money Transmitter Application Process in Seven States
Congressional, Executive, and Legal Developments for Government Contractors to Consider | February 2018
DHS OIG Issues Its Report on the Suspension and Debarment Program
House Passes Bill to Amend Title III of ADA to Require Notice and Opportunity to Cure Violations
Louboutin v. Van Haren: Why Louboutin Isn't Seeing Red…Yet
Maryland Employers: Make Sure You Provide Employees Sick Leave by February 11, 2018
Maryland's Sick Leave Law Took Effect on February 11 Without Delay
Menendez Shocker? Not Exactly: Analysis of DOJ's Decision to Drop Charges in NJ Senator's Corruption Case
SAFETY Act Participants: A Stark Reminder of the Importance of Protecting Sensitive Documents and Information
Small Businesses Stand to Benefit from Section 809 Panel Recommendations
Something for Everyone: The Budget Agreement Is a Government Contractor and Grantee Smorgasbord
Will Duty Reduction Be Available for Your Imports Under a Generalized System of Preferences (GSP) Renewal?