Venable has extensive experience advising on advertising content and representing companies before the FTC, the Federal Communications Commission(FCC) and in other regulatory and enforcement contexts. Our Advertising and Marketing attorneys, a number of whom formerly worked at the FTC or FCC, advise clients on such issues as:
- Internet and Web advertising and promotional material;
- claim substantiation requirements;
- refund and warranty initiatives;
- FTC and other government investigations and enforcement actions; and
- responses to inquiries from the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
In addition, they negotiate settlements, draft proposed and final regulations in rulemaking proceedings and provide guidance to industry and consumers about compliance with FTC rules and standards.
These attorneys regularly publish articles about e-commerce and are involved in an industry self-regulatory effort to establish high voluntary standards for e-retailing.