Venable’s intellectual property litigators provide invaluable, proactive planning and guidance to clients and are aggressive advocates on their behalf in court, before administrative bodies and elsewhere.
At any given time, we have multiple trial teams in action across the country in dozens of cases litigating patent infringement, trademark infringement and unfair competition cases. Our approach to enforcing clients’ intellectual property rights includes:
- pairing seasoned trial attorneys with technical professionals to ensure clear communication of complex subject matter to the jury while maintaining scientific and technical accuracy;
- unifying local and specialist counsel as a team to achieve a successful result for the client;
- selecting well-trained technical professionals in the relevant scientific area who are thoroughly familiar with the technology at issue; and
- approaching in-house counsel and company executives as partners to manage the case cost-effectively.
Current pharmaceutical engagements include representing both innovator and generic pharmaceutical companies as well as manufacturers of medical devices and medical-related products in:
- breach of contract;
- false advertising and unfair competition;
- Hatch-Waxman patent litigation;
- ITC proceedings;
- patent infringement; and
- trade secrets.