On September 10, 2009 BNA Tax and Accounting will host a webinar entitled "Tax Incentives for the 'Green' Industry". The webinar will be presented by Venable's Charles Kolstad, Jessica Lubar, and Tammara Langlieb.
According to Tammara Langlieb, "Our presentation will focus on identifying the available tax incentives and understanding how to take advantage of them. Whether practitioners have worked on 'green' projects in the past or this is a new area for them, this audio discussion will present the issues that must be addressed, including the tax compliance requirements."
What will be covered:
This 60-90 minute webinar (CLE and CPE credits available) will provide participants with a conceptual understanding and practical application of the following:
- Overview of Available Tax Incentives
- Tax Credits
- Eligibility of Taxpayers To Take Advantage of the Incentives
- The Energy Production Tax Credit
- The Energy Investment Tax Credit
- Electing a Tax-Free Grants In Lieu of Tax Credits
- Special Depreciation and Deductions
Participants will learn how to:
- Identify the availability of "green" tax incentives for commercial projects
- Recognize fundamental ideas and solutions available to plan for tax efficient usage or development of renewable energy products
- Evaluate which tax incentive may be optimal in a situation
- Recognize the various compliance requirements involved
Register for this audioconference and obtain further information about CLE and CPE credits, go to: http://tmstore.bna.com/Pagemanager.aspx?pageId=8630 or call 1-800-372-1033, menu Option 6, then Option 1. The fee is $249 for BNA subscribers, $299 for nonsubscribers.