This webinar has already occurred. For an audio recording of this discussion, please contact Lisa DeFrank at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join us for an interactive panel discussion that will answer the following questions:
- Should your company mark its products with patent numbers?
- Which patent numbers should you mark?
- What happens if you do not mark your products?
- How have recent cases, such as the Federal Circuit decision Forest Group v. Bon Tool, increased the risks for companies that mismark their products?
- What is Congress doing to address the issue of false patent marking?
This discussion will provide best practices to analyze whether you should be marking patent numbers on your products, and to avoid the risk of liability for mismarking under new Federal Circuit law.
Properly marking patent numbers on products is one of the last things on the minds of companies caught up in the excitement of a new product launch. But failure to mark products covered by patents can severely limit the amount of damages a company can collect when it asserts those patents against an infringing competitor.
When and how should products be marked? And which products? For how long? These seemingly easy questions do not always have simple answers. This webinar will give you the perspective you need to tackle these questions, and will bring you up to date on the latest developments in the law of patent marking—including the penalties for false marking.