Robert Gottlieb will be sitting on the panel in an ALI-ABA Course of Study entitled "Commercial Real Estate Defaults, Workouts, and Reorganizations."
The best attorneys anticipate change, and this course prepares real estate attorneys and other real estate professionals to handle the growing surge in commercial real estate defaults. With a two-and-a-half-day program, the course addresses all the key issues that confront attorneys and lenders involved with commercial real estate defaults in today’s market, including:
- Negotiation and Documentation of a Workout: Restructuring a Defaulted Conventional Real Estate Loan and a Securitized Real Estate Loan with Mezzanine Financing
- Dealing with a Failing Financial Institution and Minimizing the Risk of Becoming an Institution Affiliated Party
- Impact of the Superpowers of the FDIC and the Extension of Those Powers to a Purchasing Institution in a Pass-Thorough Receivership
- Applicable Provisions of the Bankruptcy Code, State Statutes, and Case Law
- Using Bankruptcy To Restructure Retail Businesses
- Use of Bankruptcy by Solvent Debtors To Avoid Liabilities and Litigation
- Bankruptcy Sales of Multiple Leasehold and Fee Properties
- Negotiation Strategies and Their Impact on the Participants
- Strategies for Use by Mezzanine and Other Subordinate Lenders
Please click here for additional program information.